Friday, May 23, 2008

Thank You Gift: Brownies!


I love brownies. They are my special secret indulgence. Mr. March often comes home from his classes with brownies that his students have made as a special Thank You.

This means that I get to sample brownies from a lot of different chefs. Mr. March has some excellent brownie chefs studying Karate with him. But as good as their brownies often are...I still think mine are the best.

I'm going to share my favorite brownie recipe with you. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do.



    • 3 1/3 cups soft butter

    • 26 ounces best bittersweet chocolate (I really like Ghirardelli for this)

    • 12 large eggs

    • 2 tablespoons vanilla extract

    • 3 1/3 cups sugar

    • 3 cups all-purpose flour

    • 2 teaspoons salt

    • 2 2/3 cups pecans (I dislike walnuts)

    • pan measuring approximately 13x9x2

  1. Preheat the oven to 350F

  2. Line your pan with tin foil or wax paper.

  3. Melt the butter and chocolate together in a large pan.

  4. In a bowl beat the eggs with vanilla and sugar.

  5. Measure the flour into another bowl and add the salt.

  6. When the chocolate mixture has melted, let it cool.

  7. Beat the eggs and sugar into the chocolate mixture.

  8. Add the nuts and flour to the chocolate mixture. Beat until smooth.

  9. Pour into baking pan.

  10. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes. Watch closely!


3 comments:

Dalyn said...

Yum. I think I'll print this out for Tori to make. (she's my baker) *U*

Mrs. Pevensie said...

Dude! No wonder your brownies are so good, look at all of the eggs you have in it! Once the chickens are laying, I'll trying it out.

Emily the Great and Terrible said...

I have been waiting for this recipe! You always tell me how good they are, but never make me any! So now I can make my own (rubs hands together like cartoon villain). Although, now that I look at it, it's kinda similar to mine... I think you have more chocolate and I KNOW you have more eggs.