Thursday, June 26, 2008

Help! Frump Winning Hair Battle!

My dearest Mrs. Fussypants and her wonderful squad of beauty advisers,


I am joining my first Fight the Frump, not as a wise and helpful advisor, but as one in need of your wisdom! I haven't had my hair done since November of 2007! Yikes, GASP, Quick... Someone get some water...I think Mrs. Fussypants may have fainted.


So here's the deal. I know I need to do something but I feel like I don't speak the right language when I enter a beauty salon. I try to use the picture books but it never seems to translate into something stunning! Ladies, I implore you...I NEED to look stunning!!!! (part of the new job thing)


I need a hairstyle that does not take a lot of time to create. I need something that when you look at it makes you think...Hollywood Hottie...(Hey I can dream can't I?)


And...I know this is going to be a challenge. I need to keep as much length as I can. Mr. M. is so warm and supportive about anything that I do with my hair. He never complains...But I KNOW he likes it best long. He has this thing for long blond hair, (Comes in right after his thing for Southern Redheads who make killer Pecan Pie, but I can't ever pull that one off. However, if you have a killer Pecan Pie recipe....)


So please, please, please, Fussy and Friends, Send me your best advice!!!!


Here are the really scarry before pics.



Thank you, thank you, thank you!


9 comments:

Unknown said...

I know so little about this sort of thing, either. But I think some long fringe would do you nicely. I mean tuck behind the ears long, not in your face long. And a few inches off the back. It's hard to keep length and color and go dramatic all at once.
Good luck!

Darla said...

Why not keep the length (maybe cut off 2" from the bottom to even it up) and add in some layers? Especially around the front.

Emily the Great and Terrible said...

I have the worst hair. It all fell out after Rachael and it's going to take years to grow back in fully.

I think long choopy layers look nice on everyone, and they're low maintenance. Just an idea. Maybe some sideswept bangs?

Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

Sorry, I can't help much. I got my cut short AND THEN hubby told me he liked it best long. Now I am growing it out!

Abbreviated said...

Would suggest a trim. Several inches of trim.

Maybe go to hair Thursday & look at pics of haircuts.

How short would you cut it ?

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I'd say that you should cut it into a bob like thing, with it a bit shorter in the back and a bit longer in the front. Kina like Posh did before like her second to last haircut. Nothing dramatic, just some style. Good luck!!

Emileesings said...

Well, I think you should get an A-cut bob, where it's a tad shorter in the back then the front, and get some highlights. But I always thought it looked fine, especially with those cool clips you twist it up with.

Lisa Russell said...

Looks like long layers are winning.

If you do it, I can show you a 5 minute easy way to style it each day with my super pro styling tricks and a 3 inch curling iron.

You used to have an A-line cut, didn't you? I think that's how it was when we met.

Lisa Russell said...

Yeah- I'm pretty sure this

is the do you had when we met.